Friday, November 22, 2013

GWMS Week 2.6

GWMS Week 2.6

Tornados, butterflies and watercolors, oh my!  Last weekend there was severe weather in our area and tornados in Southern Illinois.  I love that in a choice-based classroom students can process their thoughts and experiences in their artmaking.

This week I showed students how to use a viewfinder to concentrate on a portion of an image.  I saw an oil pastel lesson on the Field Elementary Art Blog, which I introduced to my classes.  The previous teacher in my room left a boxed collection of animal cards that were perfect for this idea as well as everyday art inspiration.  Here are some examples:


I made viewfinders using cardstock and the old Ellison die-cut machine to cut out the "window".  I had them laminated so they will hopefully last!




No comments:

Post a Comment