Sunday, December 23, 2012

Choice Based Art Education

Choice Based Art Education






BASA Art Class, Week 3

Based on conversations that I had with the kids last week about being flexible and adapting their projects when things don't go exactly as planned, I decided to read the book Beautiful Oops by Barney Saltzberg.  The class really enjoyed the book and we talked about how you can transform things that might seem like "mistakes".

I also brought a book about Hundertwasser for everyone to look at.  This Austrian artist made incredible use of lines and color in his paintings and architecture.  I thought this might be of particular interest to the kids that have been gravitating to the construction center.

This week I also opened the sewing center.  Several of the kids dug right in and started sewing pillows, pouches and a banner.

I am looking forward to more creative fun in 2013 - happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment