Sunday, April 15, 2012

Still Life With Preschoolers

We have an art show coming up in May. I decided to work with the kids on drawing a still life. I set up two vases filled with fake tulips and blue glass marbles.  Each child was given a small canvas to work on.  It was fun to watch them really thinking about the flowers and how to plan their design.


                    These drawings are great examples of different stages in development.

To have some cohesiveness  with this project, I first asked the children to do a line drawing of the vase and flowers with a black Sharpie marker.  I then asked them to color the flowers and marbles with oil pastels.  Lastly, I had them paint over the whole canvas with blue watercolor. 

I think their parents will be significantly impressed! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment